LiU Game Jam
Global Game Jam 2022
28th January – 30th January
Get ready for this year's edition of Global Game Jam! Since COVID-19 is once again wreaking havoc in Sweden, we are hosting this jam remotely in our Discord server.
- Join our Discord where the jam will be held: Discord invite
- Join our Global Game Jam site where you will upload the resulting game: Global Game Jam site
- (Optional) Join the itch.io jam page where we would like for you to upload the resulting game too, so it is more accesible and can be added to our game archive: Itch.io jam
- (Optional) Join the Facebook event: Facebook event
Global Game Jam 2022 schedule
Friday January 28th
All times are given in Central European Time (CET) i.e. UTC+1 and all scheduled events are held in our Discord server.
- Pre-jam chill and Global Game Jam keynote stream.
- Official start of event.
- Introduction stream.
- Brainstorming together with other jammers.
- Team forming.
Saturday January 29th
- Half-time review.
- Night-chill activities and party games.
Sunday January 30st
- Ending stream.
- Deadline for uploading games to Itch.io and Global Game Jam's website.
- Playtesting together with other jammers.
What is a game jam?
A game jam is an event where programmers, artists and gamers come together to create games; both computer games and board games. At our game jam there is a 48 hours time limit and a randomized theme for inspiration.
Follow LiU Game Jam on the following channels.
Am I welcome?
All are welcome, student and non-student alike. No previous experience is needed and the event is free of charge.
Can I join the jam remotely?
Not completely as we want to keep this game jam on site. You are free to work remotely but introduction, review and play testing events will be on site. Make sure you can visit for them or have a team member there to represent you.
How are groups selected? Do I need a team?
Groups will be randomized for brainstorming purposes, but you are free to work with whomever you like. The starting groups will allow you to find people sharing similar ideas. We make sure everyone finds someone to work with.
Do I need to have a team to participate?
You can work alone or in teams. It is more fun to jam in teams so we highly encourage you to find one.
Do I need to follow the theme?
The theme is there for inspiration during brainstorming. If you have your own idea or an already existing project feel free to work on it.
Do I need to be able to program?
Not at all! Game design covers all kind of fields such as art, music, design, storywriting, level creation and problemsolving. Anyone who is eager to create is welcome.
What can I make my game in?
Anything, a lot of jammers favor using game engines for the ease of use but participants have used everything from custom made programming languages to Google spreadsheets. A good list of resources can be found here.
Can I use assets packs or reuse code?
Yes, feel free to use anything you have to make a kickass game.
Last updated: 2021-12-12